Monday, March 31, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: "When Pigs Fly"


When I hear the word "Beggin' Strips" my mouth immediately starts to water. I mean what dog or human can resist bacon, right?

My mom saw this new Beggin' Strip product in the store called Beggin' Poppers and needing to test it out on her official taste tester.

From the first time I saw the commercial with the catch phrase "When Pigs Fly" I knew I wanted to test it out.

For those of you who haven't seen the commercial, here it is: 

My mom finally came home for the store. She placed the container on the counter, almost to tease me as she put away the other items. When the time had finally come what does she do first, that's right takes pictures. Really? All I wanted to do was bark my head off, but that would have only delayed the process. 

Snap, snap, snap, snap, snap, snap, snap, snap, and another snap with the camera. 

Finally, she unscrews the lid takes out a handful of pure yumminess, then screws the pig like head back on the container.

She instructed me to sit, which for the record I already was doing. She places one of the treats on the "pig" nose and pushes it in.

.........POP.......

"Where did it go, where did it go?" Here it ended up flying to one side, almost behind the refrigerator. Alright, take two, again pushing the treat into the "pig" nose.

.......POP.......Thump!

It fell straight down. We gave it about 10 more tries. In those tries only once did it go high enough for me to catch it in the air. The other times it went straight down or off to a side. Which reminds me, I hope mom cleans behind the refrigerator soon. 

To give this adorable container a throe testing we tried some of my crunchy Nutro treats that were lighter in weigh. We tried both one at a time and two at a time and they flew across the room. Which was more entertaining for both my mom and me! 

The treats themselves did not disappoint and even though the container is adorable it's not all that it is cracked up to be. If you are expecting high flying action you might want to stick with you human throwing your treats in the air. 

My mom will continue to work on her "When Pigs Fly" training and I will continue with my seek and find skills. 

One final note is that this container does make for a great overnight/day trip storage container for your dog food or treats.

I am joining the Tasty Tuesday Blog Hop hosted by

8 comments:

  1. Yummy. Pigs seem to be a theme today. Enjoy Spencer. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw this on Eko's blog a while back but hadn't seen it at the store. Mom got a coupon for it in the paper, so we are going to look for one. Should be lots of piggy fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmm bacon!!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How have I NOT seen that commercial? It is great. I will have to try those. I can't throw treats very well so maybe this will be the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! Not much more delicious than BACON! Flying bacon is even BETTER!
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bol! Mom does the same thing to me (makes me take tons of pictures before I can taste test)!

    ReplyDelete