Sunday, August 17, 2014

Spencer's Pit Stops: Two-Story Outhouse

Introducing Spencer's Pit Stops!
This new series will showcase my adventures on the road, or shall I say my pit stops. There is so much out there at many don't know about. I hope, through this series, I can find these hidden gems.


Yes, you are seeing a two-story outhouse! Back in the late 1800's when a new family purchased the house, they added this two-story outhouse to accommodate their large family. This interesting find can be found in Southern Minnesota. 

Many of you are wondering how this works. The bottom outhouse seat is positioned more in the middle of the outhouse. There is a "shoot" at the back of the bottom outhouse that sends the above waste down to the ground. 

There is just something about outhouses that makes them so interesting. Maybe, because there are hardly never two that are alike. Or maybe, they remind me of a simple time of life. But, I can say, finding a two-story outhouse is definitely rare.

I want to hear from you: Have you ever seen a two-story or an interesting outhouse? Do you have any interesting "Pit Stops" you would like to share?


I’m joining in the Monday Mischief blog hop brought to you by 

19 comments:

  1. I don't think I'd wanna be on da first floor if someone were usin da second!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOL! I would be nervous using the bottom one as well! :)

      Delete
  2. Gosh Spencer we have never seen the like before. How cool! Look forward to more. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Molly, can't wait to see where this series takes me! :)

      Delete
  3. We were waiting to see how this thing looked as we couldn't imagine! Did you get to go inside too? I have to say, for the times, it is pretty creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I was unable to see inside! But, I agree, creative and cleaver for the times! :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing Spencer! I have never seen anything like that in my life! Barks and licks and love, Dakota www.dakotasden.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTD? I wouldn't want to be in the bottom outhouse when someone is in the top one, Spencer. Oh my!
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOL, love finding rare, interesting places! :)

      Delete
  6. That is the coolest outhouse we have ever seen
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And sadly I have seen a lot of them! :)

      Delete
  7. Love this idea. Can't say I'd love to be near that outhouse however.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How interesting. Sort of a evolution of the ol' outhouse!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Mayorz For All Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I saw this outhouse, as a big invention back in the day!

      Delete
  9. Nope, we have never seen anything like that before! Very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can honestly say this is my first hearing about a two story outhouse!

    ReplyDelete